This twelve-week-long event celebrates the nations of the world. During each week of the event, participants will create a Transmogrification kit to represent one of the countries whose independence/national pride day takes place during the corresponding month of the year.
For example, for the seventh week of the event, which corresponds to the month of July, I could use this red, white, and blue kit to represent the USA, which has its national pride celebration on July 4th.
Mog the World in 80 Days Rules
1) All 12 weeks must be completed to ensure fairness in judging and finals.
2) The national independence days given on the pages for each week of the competition are based on this list, which, though it may be outdated, is the official list for this event.
3) Transmogrification kits may be submitted using Mogit, ModelViewer or in-game screenshots.
4) Transmogrification kits must be complete, including cloak, helm, and weapons.
5) Please include a list of the gear used for each outfit.
6) Each event entry must be able to use the outfit as a proper end-game Transmogrification kit (e.g. no Gnomes in mail or leather/cloth wearers carrying shields).
7) The colors/theme of each outfit must match the current flag of the country being represented.
8) Entries that do not obey rules 4 – 7 will be disqualified.
9) Entries must be submitted to Dragonray (onyxiia at gmail) by email by 6:00 pm Friday night Australian Eastern Standard Time* of each week. For example, the deadline for Week 1 of the competition is 31 Jan at 6:00 pm AEST. This will allow us to collate/judge over the weekend and announce the winners of each week on the following Mon/Tues.
10) Entries for multiple weeks may be submitted at the same time, as long as it is by or before the time deadline for the earliest week included in the group. For example, a group of entries for Weeks 6, 7, and 8 must be submitted by the deadline for Week 6, or the Week 6 entry will be disqualified for being late! If submitting entries for multiple weeks, please indicate which country/week each entry represents. Consider using file names similar to [dragonray_Aust_week1.jpg].
Dragonray will be providing the images to Navi, Cymre, and me without contestant names attached, so we will be judging only on the style that we see, and not on what we might know or think about the person who made the outfit.
Judging will be based on 2 criteria with a maximum of 15 points:
Theme – have you used the correct colors for the flag/country? (5 points)
Flavor – Originality/style/combo. (10 points)
Numerical scores for all contestants will be released during the final week of the event.
During the Final Round, we will select the top three outfits from the entire event.
Navimie has already donated a Deluxe Digital Edition of Diablo III:Reaper of Souls as a prize. Donations for further prizes are welcome; please contact Dragonray directly if you’d like to donate a prize.
*Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) is UTC+10. North American Eastern Standard Time (EST) is UTC-5. If it is 1:15 pm in Brisbane, then it is 10:15 pm in Boston and 7:15 pm in Seattle.